Sunday 23 October 2011

Jagerbombs, Cookies and a River

So it been a good week, I think!
Monday was pretty standerd: gym, lectures, go out. This time I went out with one of my corse friends and all her friends, who turn out to mostly be on the same corse as me... This gathering (a birthday) was combined with an army night out, which includes one of my best mates. So that was a nice surprise. To be honest, me and my corse friend got really quite drunk and I spent all my money on Jagerbombs. I remember the visual, just no audio. It was a good night.
Wednesday afternoons have now become baking afternoons. This week we made cookies. Lots of cookies. 40 to be exact, and that was only the mixture that made it to being actual cookies. They were amazing though, all chewy and the chocolate stayed slightly melted. However, when I left my friends house, the cookies that I took with me effectively got frozen outside. It is that cold up here. I can see my breathe when I am in bed sometimes. I really could have done with a human radiator that night!
I have also had a field trip this week. It was the most boring thing I have done. 9 hours of studying a rivers formation, features  and movements across the Northumberland landscape. The highlight of the day was chatting up one of the post-grads so that I could have a biscuit. It proved so successful I managed to get 3. As you can tell, I was thoroughly interested in the river... Don't think it helped that I had got drunk the night before and so only got 3 hours sleep. Oh well. Its only 5% of my total make for that module..
I have also got my reading week plans FINALLY sorted. Can't wait to head down South again, to the warm! Its also going to give me a break from the Toon so I wont go insane.
Overall, I am in good fettle and being positive. All seems to be going alright for the mo, and I hope to keep it this way!
I'm happy with who I am right now: me.

No comments:

Post a Comment