Thursday 3 November 2011

And How Do You Feel About That?

Its been almost 4 months since I started my quest to become more comfortable in my own skin and to learn to 'love myself'.
So far I think that I am on the right track. I do feel more confident with who I am. I know that I am not all the way there yet, but I know that I can do it now.
I think the thing that has confirmed to me that I am on the right track is that I feel like other people are accepting me more and that I am just generally having a better time. I feel like I have a good friend basis and this is positively effecting everything. I'm feeling happier, which means that I am do more exercise and eating better. My uni work is also going alright, (although I really have so start doing some serious work..), and so uni isn't feeling like such a struggle and so, even though I still feel like I didn't choose the right place, I am making the most of the friends that I have the the opportunities it is giving me.
I also have realised that this new confidence is allowing me to be more comfortable around new people and therefore allowing me to have a better time, and make some new friends. Awkwardness can be a laugh, but I am not the awkward person that I used to be!
Me and Him are in a good place as well. We know where we stand with each other and with other people.
Yeah, so I feel good about everything, except for being ill and tired. It helps that I know that everyone I care about is behind me 100%, but I'm not doing it for them. I am doing this for me.
And I genuinely think that I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment