Monday 17 October 2011

A New Week

Its Monday today. Going to the gym with one of my geography friends and then got lectures between 1pm and 4pm. This might seem all really unexciting, but after a weekend of being alone, bar a couple of hours, I just can't wait to get back into the world of social interaction.
You might be saying 'well why didn't you go and see people or go to the gym over the weekend?' Well, I had managed to pull a muscle in my thigh really badly, and therefore didn't want to push it. As for seeing my friends, they were all working or not in the Toon. This makes it quite hard to see them!
However, this alone time did mean that I could think things though and do some work. I half did my work, which means I am going to do a bit in my lecture. I have also decided that there is no point in wallowing, not in self pity mind, but just generally. Things could turn round for reading week: I might still go down, or go to Oxford and see one of my oldest friends, or I might just go home and get looked after by the Ma.
Also, one of my flat mates uncle died. This might not seem like a good thing, but it made me put the fact that mine is dying in prospective for me. I have to go and see him this turn, and in fact every term that he is still with us. It also made me think of the time that it is going to happen. I instantly knew what the first thing I would do is: call someone very important to me. I dont see this as a bad thing, just that they still mean a lot to me and I know that ultimately they would be there for me.
So I am generally more in control this week. I'm looking forward to going out with my mates a few nights this week (money permitting!) and I'm looking forward to my lectures... Strange. But there we have it! I AM going to make it to the gym a lot this week, still drunk or not. The only thing I'm not looking forward this week is the field trip I have on Saturday. Its going to be very cold.

Best album of all time: Friendly Fires.
I cant help but smile when I hear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment