Friday 12 August 2011

A Taste of Happiness

I have been very happy of late.
I went to work on tuesday, after forking out £200 to get my phone reconnected, and was in a very good mood. This is unusual for work working, but I was lovely and charming to everyone and the smile hardly left my face. I had a skype date after with my boyfriend (still weird) and the smile just got bigger. Although, I have to say that that night I missed him more than I have since he left for Africa.
Wednesday was another good day. Started off well with a good gym session, then doing the food shopping that was purely for me and then general shopping in the afternoon. I was got a lovely email from Him that made me feel like the luckiest girl (just) in the world.
Yesterday started a bit slow, but I posted His care box, and then had my pre op. I had the most lovely nurse. She was Irish and probably about 23. We actually had a bit of a giggle about my piercing and the fact that a simple snip and stich could take 45 mins. The most bizarre thing about my operation is that I'm not going to have a general anaesthetic, and am going to be sedated and have a local one instead. Surely that is practically the same??
Also met up with one of my mates from the Shop last night who said that he is going to come and help me defeat this alien (yes, I still haven't, fail).
So yeah, I am very happy and strangely confident. I feel like I am almost in control of my life, and it feels good.
If there was one thing to make this senario 'perfect', it would be having Him at home and being in his arms. But its only 4 weeks and 6 days till he is back, and, as they say, 'imperfection is perfection itself'...

1 comment:

  1. "I'm not going to have a general anaesthetic, and am going to be sedated and have a local one instead. Surely that is practically the same??"

    Roughly speaking sedation means you can still respond and feel stimuli with a local removing the pain from just that part of your body. General completely knocks you out and you can feel and do nothing.

    It often requires an overnight stay so the push is to use the sedation and local where possible

    ReplyDelete