Monday 8 August 2011

Officially Getting Old

So I bet your wondering how the birthday went. (Actually, I'm sure your not, but here it is just in case:)
It didn't start off so well because I was still pissed off from the night before (I was so close to quitting) and Ma could tell, so she tried her best to cheer me up.. not that it really helped.
What did cheer me up though was the sight of my presents and my first ever birthday balloon! Ah, I was so excited even though I knew what all of them were. I just love opening presents. The anticipation and the pressure that I put on myself not to tear the paper, but to carefully open the package, all adds to the excitement for me. (God, I am sad).
I then talked to Him for an hour on Skype and opened his present to me that he had sent over especially. They are these beautiful hard carved wooden animals that were just perfect. It made my day talking to him.
Ma and I went up to the City to have lunch with my brothers after. There were no arguments or anything, which was a bit of a miracle! Just a nice lunch together.
Since then I have been spending the weekend with one of my best mates from uni, and 2 other of friends from up North, and we have had a lovely time having BBQs, a picnic in the park, seeing the sights etc. Really has been a good weekend away. The only think that wasn't perfect was Him not being there... But he will be for the next one.
I cant really contemplate going back to work tomorrow, but the new me doesn't quit, so I' just going to grin and bare it for the rest of the summer...
The money is worth it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment