Wednesday 28 September 2011

Freshers No.2

A friend that I haven't heard from for some time has recently got in touch with me. It was a very welcome surprise on many levels. Firstly, it was good to hear from hear as I haven't heard from her in well over 4 years. Secondly it was about my blog, which is good as its always nice that there are people out there who are keeping up-to-date and following my progress. But finally, she pointed out something really important to me. She has shown me that my last few posts have had a negative vibe to them. I really don't intend to be negative, and I am not using this blog as a 'melancholy form of self-indulgence' (as she put it) at all! Therefore, I am sorry if the last few posts have seemed that way, and I hope that this one, and the rest to come, are going to positive and giving the self-acceptance vibe!

Meanwhile, I am now about halfway though Freshers week. At my university Freshers weeks is pretty much exclusive just for Freshers, therefore the 2nd and 3rd years can't get involved all that much unless you are part of Freshers crew.
At first I looked at this as a bad thing, that I would have nothing to do during he day and so they would just drag on. I was really desperate to get back into the routine of lectures and everything.
However, this view has changed. I have had a great time so far. The awkwardness has gone from the flat, (bought on by us all hanging collectively, lying on the floor of one of our rooms..). I have been out for most of the days due to having to do stuff in town and crashing Freshers Fair.
But, the nights out have definitely been the highlight so far. One night was a friends 21st, so we all went round to hers for pre-lash, where I saw more people I knew, more friends that I have. After drinks the rest of my flat went to the opening night of the recently refurbished dupstep club, and I went with everyone else to continue the birthday celebrations in my favourite club. To be honest, I have a very dodgy memory of that night. I seem to have the visual memory, but the only audio I can remember are 3 song that were played. But it was a good night, My Mackem friend and I shouldn't really be allowed out together because we just drink. A lot. However, it turned out that I wasn't with her, or even the birthday 'party', for most of the night because I spent the majority of it with my friends who are now in the 3rd year just having a good time before getting to bed at 6.
Last night was good as well. Still cam't remember everything. I do remember losing everyone on a regular basis and then finding them again only to loose them 5 minutes later. Saw the 3rd year lads again and tried to set up one of them with one of my friends, only to find out that she was already chatting up another lad. Typical.
I know its a bit random, but its just that I am really enjoying myself after all that doubt. I have realised how lucky I am to have a good lot of friends, who are in different groups so I am always meeting new people that could be new friends.
I have an induction lecture on Thursday at 10am and the 3rd year lads want me to go out tonight. I do want to, however I don't know how much money I have left or who else is going.. I think that if I do go out, I will have to persuade another girl to come with me, as I know from previous experience that crashing a lads night out gets very very messy...

No comments:

Post a Comment