Tuesday 20 September 2011

Packing Up My Life

Today I have been getting all my stuff together in preparation for heading back up North this weekend.
Its sad to think that I can pack my life up into about 6 suitcases. Unfortunately I can not take all of it with me.
When we were looking for flats back in January, my flatmates decided that because I was the smallest person I had to have the smallest room. After a lot of contesting, I got nowhere and am now going to be living in a cupboard for the rest of the year. This means that I cannot take everything that I want. I can't take up anything that I would enjoy, including books (modern art book, the fashion book He gave me for Christmas, reading books or recipe books), CDs and I'm only taking 6 DVDs. 
The only thing that will actually make my room recognisable as mine will be the photos on my walls and the wooden animals He bought for my birthday.
It does upset me as I really don't have any space (surface or floor) and the desk is only big enough for my laptop to sit on it. (I will post a picture when I am moved in)
What annoys me more is the fact that my flatmate with the largest room (approx. 3 times the size of mine) isn't even going to uni this year AND isn't paying any more rent.. (I am paying less as the person with the next room size up has an ensuite). It infuriates me.
On the bright side though, I don't plan on spending much time in my house. I have a busy timetable this year with lots of group work and I am intending to join socials. Also, my closest friends are living no more than a 10 minute walk from me, so I can just go round and see them!
I'm not going to let the man get me down!

P.S. Sorry about the absence. I had a lot going on and needed to sort it all out. But I'm back, stronger than ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment