Sunday 10 July 2011

Surviving.. Just.

So it has been the busiest weekend at work this weekend. On Friday I did a 9 hour shift (no break), Saturday a 11 and a half hour shift (40 min break) and today I work another 5 hours (20 min break). Oh, and to top it all off, the tills broke and so we have had to do everything manually. JOY.
I am knackered.
Probs didn't help that we all went out last night for the Sous Chef's birthday, and we all got very drunk.
So I have been working my socks off for the last 72 hours, and my body has paid the price. My feet are agony and I ran home last night in a drunken moment of inspiration, and pulled the ligament I strained. I am seriously dehydrated and haven't eaten nearly enough (although that could be seen as a bonus).
I'm not saying that last night wasn't fun, because it was. Out with all my friends, having a really good time and not caring about anything. But I paid the price today.. and almost shouted at a very obnoxious customer.
Something that surprised me the most is that this weekend was the most I have missed Him. I thought that working so hard, and just generally being really busy, I wouldn't have time to think about Him or miss Him. But I really did. I wanted Him to come and get me at the end of the shifts and hold me. I wanted Him to come out last night and be with me and my friends. I wanted to receive texts throughout the day that would make me smile (However, I did get one yesterday using up the last of his battery and Him telling me he loved me...). It's made me realise how much I love having Him around and how much I love Him.
Anyway, I have only one shift left (Tuesday) until I have a week off. So I might just recover!
Going back to the gym tomorrow and then plan to spend the rest of the day playing x-box (I have gotten stuck)...
I WILL DEFEAT THE ALIEN!!

No comments:

Post a Comment