Tuesday 6 March 2012

The Visit

Over the past 6 days He came to visit. It was lovely.
Even we didn't do that much, we still had a really good time.
We celebrated Valentines Day on Thursday by going to the Baltic Centre of Contemporary Art - not sure what I was expecting, but it was really interesting and exceeded my expectations. We then had an amazing supper at an Italian on the Quayside, that just topped off the day perfectly.
We explored Grainger Market properly and stumbled across a really quaint bookshop that was just perfectly quirky and full of all genres of literature. I can see myself spending a good few hours of a day in there in the future.
We also visited the Discovery Museum, that again was really interesting and its 'Science Maze' entertained us hugely, for a whole manor of reasons.
We didn't really venture out of Newcastle, which I think we should do on another visit. However, it made me realise what bits of the town I really love and it made me explore more of the city!
The best thing about the whole trip, except just spending all that time with him, was how well he got on with all my friends. It meant so much to me that we could just all hang out like we had known each other for years.
He left at 6 this morning and, I'm not going to lie, I wish he hadn't. But it is only about another 10 days till I see him again.
Thank you for an amazing time.
So, back to the daily grind of my current Uni life: gym, uni work, hanging out at the girls house. Got a big piece of work in at the end of next week that I want to finish by Monday so I can enjoy the last week of term, by that I mean: baking with the girls! (One track mind.. but I just love it!)
Then its Morocco in less that 2 weeks... not sure if I'm nervous excited, or just pain nervous..

No comments:

Post a Comment