Tuesday 21 June 2011

It begins

So here we are. The 21st June 2011. The day I turn my life around.
I guess you need to know some background.
I am a student who likes to live life as complicated as possible. Not intensionally, I might add, but thats just the way it seems to pan out.
Like quite a few people, I suffer from a huge lack of self confidence. It has always been a problem, as it has meant that I havent been able to accept myself, and has always tried to conform to what I thought that was 'acceptable'. But that was just my life. Never thinking I was good enough, stopping myself doing things in fear of rejection.
Then I fell in love. About a year ago I found this amazing guy that was so different to anyone before. He made me feel accepted.
It wasn't until recently, when he told me that my lack of self confidence was actually starting to get in the way of our relationship, that I realised how extreem my low self confidence actually was.
So now its time to change.
I'm not that fat ginger kid anymore, and so I have to stop living like I am.
I have to start believing in myself and my abilities. Gain that confidence that I crave.
I'm under no illusion that its going to be a piece of cake, but I am willing to try, not just for the Him, the guy that loves me and who I love, but for me. I need to become the person I'm meant to be and stop living my life for others.
I AM the leading lady of my own life.
Its now time to start living like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment